Job Start Date:Type of Position:IT
Number of Openings:1
Job Location & Contact:
9104 Red Branch Road
Job Description:• Embrace the role of primary POC for the IT Help Desk and support the daily operations of the IT department.
• Assess infrastructure on a regular basis to ensure it continues to meet necessary demands and supports end-user productivity.
• Coordinate the technology needs of in-house IT experts, employees, vendors and contractors.
• Work to resolve IT Help Desk tickets, technology and software application issues in a timely and cost-effective manner, utilizing excellent customer service skills.
• Provide recommendations for technology roadmaps, upgrades and changes that best support the IT department in achieving the organization’s goals.
• Implement tagging/tracking solutions to accurately maintain inventory for all hardware and software systems.
• Research and recommend technology trends and industry leading technology solutions that help support the organization’s mission and goals.
• Oversee the maintenance of existing hardware and software and ensure the timely implementation of necessary upgrades.
• Assist with the installation of new hardware and software
• Help train employees / end users on the use of company hardware and software.
• Develop reliable metrics for tracking / reporting hardware and software inventory, Help Desk tickets, and project status.
• Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow, and improve end-user satisfaction.
• Stay up-to-date on security risks / vulnerabilities and help to implement strategic solutions that ensure corporate, end-user and client security.
• Liaise with all business units, managers, and end-users to best understand and meet their technology and software applications requirements.
• Expected to perform at a high level of competency and complete any and all other duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned by Director
Experience Required:• Minimum of four years’ experience in IT Help Desk and technology support role.
• Associates degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred, but not required. Evidence of continuing education, such as IT Certifications, or a Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
• Solid working knowledge of IT Help Desk protocols, Industry standard hardware and software, Microsoft Office 365, Windows and MSOffice environments.
• Working knowledge of application support with vendors and end-users, as well as, a mental acuity to learn new applications quickly and implement streamlined business processes utilizing industry standard and custom applications.
• Working knowledge of current security protocols and threats, as well as, Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery strategies and operations.
• Excellent project management, communication and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to foresee potential issues and troubleshoot them proactively.
• Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks and projects with competing resources, in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment, as well as, set meaningful priorities.
• Team player mentality and willing to work to reach goals in a team environment.
• Work in an office environment, usually working during a standard work week of Monday – Friday 8 AM – 5PM with some flexibility.
• Capable of sitting / standing for long periods of time. Required to lift 25 pounds.
• May be required to work evenings and weekends attending meetings, social and special events, and supporting IT related activities, outages and projects.
• A valid Maryland driver’s license and reliable transportation are required to perform job duties.
• This role will be based at the Main Office in Columbia, MD, but will be required to have a presence in all of the major program facilities and residential sites.
• This role will report to the Director, Business Development and Information Technology
Please Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Application Deadline:Jan 01, 1900